Donnerstag, 29. September 2016

Find of the Day


We visited the lake yesterday and among the driftwood I found a very scruffy feather. First I was like "Oh look, a buzzard feather! What a pitty it's so washed up.", but then I had a closer look to it. For a buzzard feather it was too short and the colors/markings aren't buzzard-like either. There was also a kind of fluff on the feather surface... So, what does that mean? Exactly, it must be an owl feather!

I cleaned the feather at home and now it looks quite pretty again. I think it's a wing feather of a tawny owl. YAY! I rarely find owl feathers so I'm pretty happy about this one.

If you want to know how to clean and refresh scruffy feathers have a look over here.
And if you like to know how to differ owl feathers from other bird feather look here.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen